1. Helps you pay for doctor visits and preventive care – two of the most important aspects of maintaining your health.
2. Protects you from high, unexpected medical bills in the event of an accident or serious illness.
3. Gives you peace of mind, knowing that you and your family are protected financially in the event of a health scare.
4. Helps you budget for your medical expenses – you know how much you will have to pay each month, making it easier to plan your finances.
5. Offers tax benefits – in most cases, you can deduct the cost of your health insurance premiums from your taxable income.
6. Provides coverage for a wide range of medical services and treatments, including prescription medications, dental care, and mental health care.
7. Lets you choose the level of coverage that is right for you – whether it’s basic or comprehensive medical insurance, there is a plan out there to meet your needs and budget.
8. Is portable – if you change jobs, move to a new city, or retire, your health insurance can usually come with you.
9. Gives you access to a network of doctors, hospitals, and other healthcare providers that have been approved by your insurer.
10. May cover pre-existing medical conditions, allowing you to get the care you need without worrying about whether or not your treatment will be covered.